The following terms and conditions apply to customers of Gibbston Valley Wines Ltd, a New Zealand registered business trading as Gibbston Valley Lodge and Spa, New Zealand. By booking products via the Gibbston Valley Lodge and Spa website you agree to, and are bound by, all the terms and conditions in these Terms of Service.
We reserve the right to modify our Terms and Conditions at any time.
By using our website, you agree to these Terms and Conditions, and all the terms, conditions, disclaimers and limitations that appear or are made available to you on our site.
If booking accommodation or other products on this website you agree to the following:
You authorize Gibbston Valley Lodge and Spa to charge your credit card in NZD for the amounts appropriate to your booking, inclusive of taxes.
Bookings are accepted at our sole discretion and we maintain the right to decline bookings without explanation.
Your statement will display Gibbston Valley Wines Ltd.
Wine Club Members
Valid for new and current Gibbston Valley Wine Club members only. Membership rates are subject to availability at participating hotels and resorts within the Gibbston Portfolio. Discounts are as follows:
- Active Wine Club members will receive a discount – 10% off the eligible rate for the entirety of the members stay – depending upon booking window, day of the week and other circumstances determined by Gibbston Valley for bookings made directly with Gibbston Valley Lodge and Spa either via our Concierge Team or via gibbstonvalleylodgeandspa.com.
- Wine Club discounts do not apply to all available rates. Accommodation bookings made via a 3rd party such as but not limited to an online travel agent (for example booking.com, expidia etc) will not receive a 10% discount. However the discount will be applied to any extras including dining, activities, experiences, and spa services when extras are booked directly with the concierge team or through the Gibbston Valley Lodge & Spa website.
- The 10% discount applies to existing Wine Club members, but also includes new members that sign up prior to or during their stay at Gibbston valley Lodge and Spa. Any member that signs up to the Gibbston Valley Wine Club after they check out of Gibbston Valley Lodge and Spa will not be eligible for a retrospective refund by agreeing to the full terms of the Wine Club membership including the cancelation clause.
- If you cancel your membership before receiving four quarterly wine club shipments and one completed year of membership, that is viewed as an early termination. Early terminations are subject to a fee of $20, or, the amount of total discount you have received up until the point of your early termination—whichever is greater. The latter amount covers discounted benefits you may have received as part of the benefits of being a Wine Club member, included but not limited to, discounts on wine tasting, cave tours, wine purchases, dining at the winery restaurant, gift shop, discounted event tickets, and stays at Gibbston Valley Lodge and Spa including any extras such as dining, activities, experiences, and spa services.
- Stated terms and conditions relating to bookings will apply, such as early departure fees, deposit and cancellation restrictions, Advance Purchase and other payment terms.
- Unless otherwise stated, quoted rates and discounts are per room per night, based on single/double occupancy and do not include gratuities or incidental charges.
- If you are making this reservation by phone, please call +64 3 442 6910 and please request “Wine Club Discount.”
- Wine Club Discount is only available for up to two people, per room per member.
- This rate may not be combined with other select promotions, offers or discounts.
- Rate is non-transferrable or redeemable for cash, and cannot be used towards future stays. Gibbston Valley Wine Club membership, including the earning and redemption of discounts, are subject to all other Gibbston Valley Terms and Conditions.
Reservation and Cancellation Policy
A current credit card number with expiry date is required to confirm a reservation.
50% of the total stay will be charged as a deposit upon making your reservation. Deposits are fully refundable up until 30 days prior to your arrival date. Cancellations made within 30 days of your arrival will result in forfeit of your 50% deposit.
A 60 day cancellation policy applies 20 Dec 2019 – 5 Jan.
We strongly advise guests to take out travel insurance to protect themselves against unexpected changes to their travel plans.
Spa bookings may be cancelled up until the day before treatment. Spa bookings that are cancelled on the same day will incur a 50% charge.
We operate an R18 establishment. Please contact us if you wish to have children join you during your stay and under certain circumstances we may be able to accommodate your request.
Gibbston Valley Lodge and Spa respects and honours the privacy of its customers. The company doesn’t sell or rent personal information to any third parties. The provided information, from those who elect to join the e-mail newsletter mailing list, will be added to our customer database to receive upcoming correspondence. Those who do not elect to receive the newsletter will not be added to any database apart from what is necessary to provide customer service for each of your bookings. Any personal information that Gibbston Valley Lodge and Spa collects from its customers is retained in a private database and may be referenced from time to time to help optimize the functionality of the website, online shop and other related areas connected to customer experience.
There are several situations when you can have us delete your personal data, this includes (but is not limited to):
- We no longer need to keep your personal data.
- You have withdrawn your consent to us using your personal data (and we do not have any other grounds to use it).
- We have unlawfully processed your personal data.
Please contact us to start this process. Click Here
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small file of numbers and letters that often includes an identifier which is unique to you. This is sent to your device's web browser from our website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive. Cookies allow us to recognise your device if you choose to allow them, like if you came into our winery and we recognised you.
Please note that cookies can't harm your computer. We don't store personally identifiable information in cookies, but we do use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your experience of the site. For example, they help us to make our website even better, or to show you relevant products related to products that you've previously viewed.
Cookies used by Gibbston Valley Lodge and Spa
Tracking Cookies are used to track your use of gibbstonvalleylodgeandspa.com and to give us various statistics. These statistics do not identify individuals; they simply give us an overview of general browsing patterns. We use these cookies to identify which parts of the website are most popular and to improve our website accordingly.
We use tracking cookies from web analytics services provided by Google. These cookies collect information including, but not limited to, number of visits, amount of time spent browsing, how you got to our website, which pages were viewed, the journey through our webpages. All information collected by these cookies is anonymous.
Third Party Cookies - When you visit gibbstonvalleylodgeandspa.com you may notice some cookies that aren't related to Gibbston Valley Winery. If you go on to a web page that contains embedded content, for example a video from YouTube, you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don't control the setting of these cookies, so we suggest you check their websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
If you choose to 'share' Gibbston Valley Lodge and Spa content with friends through social networks – such as Facebook and Twitter - you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don't control the setting of these cookies, so we suggest that you check their websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
Please note, sensitive information, such as card details, are stored by Payment Express and not Gibbston Valley Lodge and Spa.
The following information may be collected related to your device and browser:
- Device's IP address
- Device screen resolution
- Device type (unique device identifiers), operating system, and browser type
- Geographic location
- Preferred language used to display the website
- User interactions
- Mouse events (movements, location and clicks)
- Log data including:
- Referring domain
- Pages visited
- Geographic location
- Preferred language used to display the webpage
- Date and time when website pages were accessed
Payment and Refund Policy
Gibbston Valley Lodge and Spa accepts online payments and payments made over the phone via Visa, Master Card, Union Pay and American Express. Payments are processed at the time of your online booking. If, for any reason, we are not able to fulfil your order, your account will be credited or credit card will be refunded.
Sale and Supply of Liquor Act 2012
Gibbston Valley Winery Ltd holds an ‘off license’ as defined in New Zealand’s Sale and Supply of Liquor Act 2012 and is legally authorised to promote, sell and deliver wine via online and mail order. It is against the law to use this site to purchase liquor if you are under 18 years of age. By using this website, you affirm and represent to us that you are over the legal age required to buy products containing alcohol. View Liquor License Here
Licencee: Gibbston Valley Wines Ltd
License Number: 68/OFF/0467/2017
Expiry Date: 9th February 2020